Saturday, June 11, 2011

Vietnam Cruise: Hanoi

After a restful day at sea, we sailed into Halong Bay.  From here, we took a 3-hour bus ride to Hanoi.  It was a long day, but I couldn't be that close and not see Hanoi. 
We stood outside the Ho-Chi Minh Mausoleum, the inside is rarely open to the public.  Then we walked over to the One Pillar Pagoda.



The thing I will remember most about Hanoi is the culture shock I got from the sights and sounds of the city.  It was information overload in many ways.  A lot of it was the scooters. 

It is a medley of constant beeping, and they buzz by you so fast you can feel the wind.  Crossing the streets is treacherous.  And the shopping was crazy.



We had some time to shop, but you had to bargain.  I am so uncomfortable bargaining, but my friend wasn't.  So she did the bargaining for both of us. 

Silk is one of the prevalent items, I bought several scarves in beautiful colors.



People were gathered on the streets, this was a common sight - throughout the whole trip.








It was a great day in Hanoi.

No comments:

Post a Comment