Thursday, June 16, 2011

Vietnam Cruise: Saigon


Saigon was probably my favorite city in Vietnam, and the water puppet show was definitely a highlight.

By this time, I was used to the scooters and did not get the same culture shock as I did at first.  You still took your life into your hands when crossing the street, but now it was all part of the adventure.

More of the crazy shopping experience on the streets - we spent the day looking for scarves and other fun things.

We also had the opportunity to buys some nice things without bargaining - which I loved.  I don't like the bargaining!  They had beautiful laquered vases and many other things - very pretty.
The ship overnighted in Saigon, so we were able to have dinner at a local restaurant. I was hesitant at first.  I am not great at trying new things and eating the local cuisine, especially in a place like Vietnam.  But, it was an amazing experience.  We had such a great time that night.  All we kept saying to each other was "I can't believe we are walking the streets of Saigon!"  We were so excited just to be there.  And the food?  I had no problem, it was delicious.  I was in great company and it was a truly memorable evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment